On a Yuin Walbunga Aboriginal Heritage Tour, you will learn about the Yuin Walbunga people; the Traditional Owners of this land: their lifestyle, customs, skills and knowledge that contribute to their unique and unerring connection to this Country.
Participate in a Welcome to Country and Cleansing Ceremony, taste seasonal foods made from native plants, sample local oysters and use traditional weaving techniques to create a memento of your tour.
Seek out and photograph areas of traditional food gathering, tool and canoe manufacture while gaining an understanding of customary Lore.
VIP Private Tours will take you on a unique half or full day Aboriginal cultural tour of Yuin Walbunga Country that is just 2 hours’ drive east of Canberra and 4 hours south of Sydney.
The touring region stretches from the forests north of Batemans Bay, through the central coastal hinterland and lakes region through Narooma to Gulaga (Mount Dromedary) in the south.
Vikki Parsley, your guide, is a Yuin Walbunga descendant and traditional owner who has traveled the region extensively with Elders and family members who passed on stories of Country. Vikki is a qualified and experienced heritage, conservation and education professional who is committed to improving Aboriginal heritage outcomes for her people.
As a mother and teacher, Vikki is proud to share knowledge of her ancestral country where today, people can continue to learn an appreciation and respect of local Yuin Walbanga culture through this hands-on experience tour.
- Guided tour prices per person (minimum 2 and maximum 5 guests per tour starting and finishing in the Eurobodalla Shire)
Half Day (4 hours) AUD $159.00 pp
Full Day (7 hours) AUD $299.00 pp (including lunch or $249.00 pp without lunch)
For detailed information about this tour, please consult our fact sheet: Aboriginal Heritage Tour Retail (2019-20)
- Door to door service by air conditioned luxury minivan catering for up to 5 guests
- Qualified Aboriginal Tour Guide
- Traditional weaving and artifacts demonstration
- Morning or afternoon tea, bottled water and refresher towels on all tours
- Full Day Tour includes a local produce picnic or 2 course restaurant lunch.
- Transfers to and from locations outside of the Eurobodalla Shire. Please request a quotation for transport at the time of booking.
- Hire of child seats and and the transportation of luggage including bikes, suitcases, surfboards and the like.
The team at VIP Private Tours acknowledge the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the Land as the First people of this Country.